Around the world personal protective equipments are in short supply. AID has been partnering with grassroots partners across India to distribute personal protective equipments to healthcare workers, police, and communities at risk. As of May 4th, 2020, our partners have distributed more than 80,000 surgical masks, 250 N-95 Masks, 400 face shields to various hospitals, Primary Health Centers, Police and sanitation workers, and 3,000 cloth masks to the general public.
- Our sister partner AID-India has supplied 240 N-95 Masks and 61,150 surgical masks in Chennai, Thiruvanamalai and Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu.
- Our partner, Bombay Sarvodaya Friendship Center has distributed more than 2000 surgical masks and 400 face shields in Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Sochara, our partner working public health issues in Karnataka has procured and distributed 15000 surgical masks already and plans to distribute more N95 masks and PPE kits.
- The Trust for Reaching the Unreached or TRU, our partner in Gujarat, has distributed 500 surgical masks and their volunteers have been making cloth masks to distribute among the general public.
- Our partner Bhasha Research and Publication Centre in Gujarat has distributed 1500 masks.
- Savera, our NGO partner in Jharkhand, has mobilized efforts to make and distribute more than 15000 masks for the local Adivasi community.
Donate to your Covid relief fund so that we can expand our partners’ reach for PPE distribution!AID Responds to COVID Donate to COVID Relief Fund
Watch this video of children at the Sunrise Happy Children Home, partners of AID-Blacksburg chapter, who sewed face masks for the public, saying that they are returning the favor to society for taking care of them.