Eureka Homes Project
AID INDIA team has constructed 16 homes so far to poor and deserving flood-affected families and are about to complete 9 more homes in Cuddalore-Bhuvanagiri, Kalpakkam – Anaicut, Thirupporur – Chengelpet and Tirutani-Tiruvalangadu clusters. Below are few case studies of key beneficiaries of this project during this period.
- In Kannangudi village in Cuddalore district, Ms. Soundarya is a student in our Eureka center. Her mom is a widow and a daily wage labourer. Soundarya lost her father long back and her sister is also studying in the same village. Their house was severely damaged and Panchayat officials agreed to do the construction.
- In Kannangudi village in Cuddalore district, Ms. Deepa whose father eloped with another women leaving Deepa and her Mom alone four years back. Hence, Deepa started living with her grand parents and their hut was damaged completely. Panchayat themselves have recommended us to prioritize her house construction.
- In Adivaraganallur village in Cuddalore district, Mrs. Brindhavathi lost her husband an year ago. She is a daily wage construction worker and was affected badly during the flood. She has two sons studying in a government welfare school and was completely devastated with the loss of her hut.
- In Chinna Colony village near Kalpakkam, very poor daily wage couple Mr. Sukumar and Ms. Selvi’s hut was severely damaged due to flood. They have a son and a daughter and two of them are studying in a government school in that area. He had severe head injury few years back and got operated. Selvi is the only earning member in the family and they were trying very hard to make the ends meet.
- In Parameswara mangalam village near Kalpakkam, old couple Mr. Gurulingam,aged 92 and Ms. Saroja, aged 81 were living in a very small hut. Occasionally Gurulingam goes for carpenter work or 100 day MNREGA scheme. They are getting a very meagre old age pension from the government. Their son is living in the same village and he is also extremely poor and unable to support his parents. In that panchayat, everyone felt that Gurulingam is the most affected and recommended AID INDIA to construct a home for them.