Dr. Anant Phadke of Jan Swasthya Abhiyan (People’s Health Movement) appeared on Janta Ka Aina to answer questions about the Coronavirus Pandemic and the two vaccines, Covaxin and Covisheild, approved for use in India.
Questions answered by Dr. Phadke:
1. How much we would be protected from Corona if we take the vaccine?
2. Should we take the vaccine?
3. If 2nd dose is delayed, then are there any potential problems with that?
4. Are vaccines coming from outside India safe?
5. Are vaccines safe for pregnant women?
6. Can a Corona positive patient take the vaccine?
7. Which test is better? RT-PCR or Rapid-Antigen?
8. Can hospital reject critical patients?
9. When to go to the hospital and when to not, if you are tested for Corono?
10. When and where to wear masks?
11. Should we take vitamin tablets to prevent getting infected by Corono?
12. Is it necessary to take Remdesivir or Tocilizumab if you get Corono?
13. Is lockdown the right choice?
AID has hosted Dr. Anant Phadke for discussions regarding health care in India, the movement for universal health care, patients rights and regulation of private health services. Dr. Phadke is also part of SATHI, which is running help desks in rural hospitals of Maharashtra to guide patients during the COVID pandemic.
Read more:Latest updates on COVID relief Donate to COVID Relief Fund